Main Article Content
BRCA, BRCA 1 mutation, BRCA 2 mutation, Breast cancer, Mastectomy
2. Guo F, Hirth JM, Lin Y-l, Richardson G, Levine L, et al. Use of BRCA mutation test in the US, 2004–2014. American journal of preventive medicine. 2017;52(6):702-9.
3. Kuchenbaecker KB, Hopper JL, Barnes DR, Phillips KA, Mooij TM, et al. Risks of Breast, Ovarian, and Contralateral Breast Cancer for BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation Carriers. JAMA. 2017;317(23):2402-16.
4. Salhab M, Bismohun S, Mokbel K. Risk-reducing strategies for women carrying brca1/2 mutations with a focus on prophylactic surgery. BMC Women's Health. 2010;10:28.
5. Lindor NM, Goldgar DE, Tavtigian SV, Plon SE, Couch FJ. BRCA1/2 Sequence Variants of Uncertain Significance: A Primer for Providers to Assist in Discussions and in Medical Management. The Oncologist. 2013;18(5):518-24.
6. McCarthy AM, Armstrong K. The Role of Testing for BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutations in Cancer Prevention. JAMA internal medicine. 2014;174(7):1023-4.
7. Padamsee TJ, Wills CE, Yee LD, Paskett ED. Decision making for breast cancer prevention among women at elevated risk. Breast Cancer Research : BCR. 2017;19:34.
8. Smith KL, Isaacs C. BRCA mutation testing in determining breast cancer therapy. Cancer J. 2011;17(6):492-9.
9. Giannakeas V, Narod SA. The expected benefit of preventive mastectomy on breast cancer incidence and mortality in BRCA mutation carriers, by age at mastectomy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018;167(1):263-7.
10. Kauff ND, Domchek SM, Friebel TM, Robson ME, Lee J, et al. Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy for the prevention of BRCA1-and BRCA2-associated breast and gynecologic cancer: a multicenter, prospective study. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2008;26(8):1331.
11. Copson ER, Maishman TC, Tapper WJ, Cutress RI, Greville-Heygate S, et al. Germline BRCA mutation and outcome in young-onset breast cancer (POSH): a prospective cohort study. The Lancet Oncology. 2018;19(2):169-80.
12. Nilsson MP, Hartman L, Kristoffersson U, Johannsson OT, Borg A, et al. High risk of in-breast tumor recurrence after BRCA1/2-associated breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2014;147(3):571-8.
13. Metcalfe K, Gershman S, Ghadirian P, Lynch HT, Snyder C, et al. Contralateral mastectomy and survival after breast cancer in carriers of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations: retrospective analysis. BMJ. 2014;348:g226.
14. Stan DL, Shuster LT, Wick MJ, Swanson CL, Pruthi S, et al. Challenging and Complex Decisions in the Management of the BRCA Mutation Carrier. Journal of Women's Health. 2013;22(10):825-34.
15. Liede A, Mansfield CA, Metcalfe KA, Price MA, Snyder C, et al. Preferences for breast cancer risk reduction among BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation carriers: a discrete-choice experiment. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 2017;165(2):433-44.